Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Really, Nintendo? Really?


         Of all thing Nintendo has pulled in the last almost 30 years, this is up there as one of the worst. Right on time for the holidays, Nintendo is releasing a Revamped Wii. Now, what does this mean? Does this mean a new look? No. How about more accesories? No. Will it still play Gamecube games? No!

        That's right, Nintendo is shipping out a "Vanilla" Wii. No GCN control ports, no Memory Card slots either. Now, this is the part that confuses me. Why? What is your reasoning for this? Sending out a toned down version of your latest console will not make you any huge amount of extra money. Considering almost everyone and their grandma has one, Wii 0.5 will not sell.

SPACE GHOST DOES NOT APPROVE!!!

        The system will come in a bundle pack with Wii Sports and Wii Party.... what in the world is Wii Party? The system will be slimmer than the already slim Wii, cuz we are going for anorexia in our consoles now! But, it gets better. The Wii 0.5, as I will call it forever, is planned to completely phase out the current Wii unit(original) in favor of the "new" one. Yeah, that's right. If you didn't get one before, you better get one now.

       Price is still not known, but chances are it will be priced at the current Wii's sales price. This has got to be the most pointless thing, in my eyes, that Nintendo has ever done. We can't get a confirmation for a MMORPG Pokemon game or a Pokemon Snap 2 or Pokemon Stadium 3, but we can get a drink coaster that can play games. Actually, I might buy this so I have a fancy drink coaster to use when my rich friends from Harvard visit.



       Sorry, Nintendo. I might shun you until you rectify your latest moment of stupidity.

                                   Oh look, I posted a picture of the waste of money below.



1 comment:

  1. I do like the Gamecube ports and card slots, I've never found out the reason for the slim wii either. I like the pictures you used to show Nintendo's failure

    ReplyDelete